Types of Membership
1. Individual Associations
All duly organized(current and future) Indian nurses associations in any of the States and or territories of the United States of America can be a member of NAINA. By virtue of individual membership in these local associations, the members of those associations will automatically be members of NAINA.
2. Members at Large
Eligible members from the states or territories of USA with no established local Indian nursing association may become a member of NAINA as a member at large by paying a membership fee. This only applies if the state has no association and or till a professional association is established in that state the member is licensed. Members at large shall be:
- * Registered professional nurse of Indian origin or heritage
- * Must have current RN license in any states or territories of USA
- * Must be of good professional standing (not barred or suspended license).
- * Member must agree with the mission and comply with the rules and bylaws set by NAINA
3. Affiliate Members
Affiliate membership will be extended to individuals through local chapters or under members at large as appropriate, irrespective of Indian origin or heritage if they share the mission, vision, and values of NAINA. This includes, but not limited to Registered Professional Nurses, nursing students, Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), and Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN). The affiliate members do not hold offices or participate in decision making process and do not have voting privileges, but may enjoy all other benefits of NAINA membership.
4. Honorary Members
Honorary membership may be awarded to individuals or businesses who support the mission and goals of NAINA, and as determined by the Governing Board. The honorary members do not hold offices or participate in decision making process and do not have voting privileges, but may enjoy all other benefits of NAINA membership.
- * Membership fees for Individual Association is $250.00 (US Dollar) for 2 years
- * Membership fees for members at large is $50.00 (US Dollar) for 2 years
- * Membership fee for affiliate members is $50.00 (US Dollar) for 2 years
- * Membership fee for student nurses of Indian origin/heritage is $30.00 (US Dollar) for 2 years
Fiscal year for membership shall be from January 1st to December 31st (same as the calendar year of the association).