National Association of Indian Nurses of America (NAINA) grants $300.00 scholarship to an eligible undergraduate or associate degree nursing student of Indian heritage from United States and a nursing student from India during the Biennial conference of NAINA.
- Currently enrolled in a state approved associate degree or baccalaureate degree nursing program
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent.
- One letter of recommendation from the faculty/ instructor
- Student must have at least one more year to complete the nursing program.
For nursing students (from schools of nursing and colleges of nursing) in India, an equivalent of grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher is required.
The date of receiving application starts from April 25 and deadline for submission of application with all the required documents is July 15th of the year of NAINA’s biennial conference. The chairperson of the NAINA Awards & Scholarship Committee will notify award recipient via email four (4) weeks prior to the NAINA conference. The scholarship will be presented to the recipient on the last day of the NAINA conference. If the recipient is not present at the event, it will be mailed to the recipient.
Please submit the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form
- Transcript records for the last two semester or quarters or the year
- Resume/ CV
- Letter of Recommendation: Section A & B of the application form (One letter of recommendation from faculty/ instructor)
- Essay (250-300 words, double spaced using font size 12) on the topic, “Why did you choose the field of nursing?”
- Volunteer services
Please submit completed application form along with the required documents via e-mail to Lilly Anickat, Chair of the Awards & Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.