The election committee consists of 3 members, the election committee chairperson and two appointed members.
Focus: Nominations for open offices and activities related to the election of officers
Roles and responsibilities:
- The Election Committee Chairperson will appoint the two other members of the committee.
- The Election Committee Chairperson will oversee the execution of the election process.
- The Election Chairperson is solely responsible for the safekeeping of the ballot box, ballots and voter registry.
- The election committee will work to ensure an unbiased and fair election. It is the Committee ‘s responsibility to ensure that the Election policies and procedures are strictly enforced.
- The election committee will review and amend election policies and procedures during a contested election where the policies and procedures are suspect.
- To accept and review any petitions that contest election results.
- To determine the eligibility for voting rights of any member.
- The Election committee is responsible for compiling a voter registry of all eligible voters.
- The Election committee members are responsible for counting the ballots.
- The Election committee will review candidate nominations and notify nominees of his/her nomination.
- The election committee chairperson will notify the winners of the election/ selection and the governing board minimum three weeks prior to the installation of the officers
- The election committee will assist the Executive board with the installation of new officers.
Chairpersons: Mary Philip, BSN, MSA, RN, CNOR