In an effort to provide opportunities for NAINA members to present at a National Conference, the education planning team is happy to invite abstracts for papers and posters for the NAINA Clinical Excellence Conference that will be hosted by the AAIN- NJ2
Conference Date: November 2, 2019
Venue: FairBridge Hotel and Conference Center, 130 NJ-10, East Hanover, NJ 07936
Conference Theme: Population Health: Bridging Gaps and Improving Access to Care
Augment the knowledge and understanding about population health for APRNs, nurse leaders, frontline nurses and nursing students and appreciate the significance of their roles in providing safe, high quality and cost-effective healthcare for all.
The attendees will:
1. Describe the significance of population health for improving health outcomes for all people.
2. Interpret the impact of social determinants for population health in the USA.
3. Develop awareness about efficient and cost effective models of healthcare delivery for population health
4. Identify the role of the APRNs, nurse leaders and nurses to eliminate health disparities and achieve health equity for vulnerable groups in our population.
5. Recognize inter-professional approach to interventions for promotion of health, wellness and prevention of diseases.
Abstract Submission Specifics
2. Submission Period: Abstracts will be accepted until August 3rd, 2019, 11:59 PM Eastern Time
3. Topic: Oral presentation topics need to be relevant to the theme of the conference. Posters may depict any topics relevant to professional practice, research, education, and leadership.
4. In order to align with the conference theme for podium presentations, you may consider the following areas of focus:
· Health promotion
· Disease prevention
· Health disparity and health equity
· Access to care & immigrant health
· Health literacy
· Health education & nurses’ role
· Care coordination across the continuum
· Inter-professional collaboration
· Nurses’ health & wellbeing
· Emerging communicable diseases and public health concerns
· Social Determinants and their impact on health care and disease(s)/ disease management
· Nurses role in advocacy and health care policy
The education team is excited to offer coaching and guidance for developing your abstract. Please feel free to contact: email@example.com
Abstract Review & Selection Process
1. All abstracts will undergo a blinded review to ensure quality and applicability.
2. You may refer to the abstract review criteria that is included for abstract submission.
3. Ensure that your name and contact information is provided on Page 1, Section I of the Abstract Submission Form-Identification Data). DO NOT include names or identification of the presenter/s/ author/s anywhere else in the submission form.
4. If you are planning to submit abstracts with pharmacology content, specify the approximate percentage of pharmacology content on Page 2 of the “Abstract Submission Form)
5. Poster: Abstracts for poster presentation will also receive the same review process as noted above. At least one of the poster authors MUST register and attend the conference and be available at the poster display venue during poster viewing session(s). Details on the poster dimensions and other requirements will be communicated upon acceptance of the poster.
6. The Education Planning Team will communicate the decision of acceptance of the poster and podium presentations via email by August 15th, 2019.
7. All presenters (poster and podium) will be required to submit appropriate paper work for CNE approval, communicate intent to present the paper or poster and complete conference registration procedures as determined.
8. Conference registration is mandatory for speakers/presenters. NAINA will NOT reimburse any expense related to travel, registration and or presentation materials.
The Clinical Excellence Conference Education planning team appreciates you for sharing your knowledge and expertise with fellow nursing professionals at NAINA.
The deadline for submitting abstracts is 8-3-2019, 11:59 PM